Svastya Organic Farms organic wooden cold pressed Niger oil is made from high-quality, hand-picked organic Niger seeds gathered from native Niger plants by organic farmers using the wooden cold-pressed method at 8-12 rpm.
In general, cold-pressed oils have been shown to retain all the inherent characteristics of oil seeds while also maintaining their nutritional profile.
- The Niger seeds are graded as the first step in the oil extraction process. The best seeds are hand-picked from rotten, contaminated organic Niger seeds, together with stones, husks, and other dust particles, and evaluated using the conventional hand-picked method.
- After being hand-picked, these seeds are naturally sun-dried for two days to remove all moisture from the top grade organic Niger seeds and effectively create oil.
- In the cold pressed process, Niger seeds cannot be pressed alone since it requires a binding agent to make oil. As a result, we employ organic palm jaggery as a binding agent for extracting oil.
- Based on the capacity of the wooden cold pressed machine, handpicked organic Niger seeds are poured. Our machine has a capacity of 12 kg of organic Niger seeds and 2 kg of organic palm jaggery. When the grinding process has begun, some coconut water and organic palm jaggery are added to provide the appropriate friction. The wooden cold-pressed machine works at 8-12 rpm and completes one cycle of oil production in 60-80 minutes (Based on the dryness of the seeds). From 12 kg of organic Niger seeds, we generate 1.8-2.0 liters of organic Niger oil.
- The extracted organic wooden cold pressed Niger oil is then stored in a metal barrel for 4 days to let the Niger paste formed during the grinding process to settle naturally, followed by 2-3 days in the sunshine to eliminate any leftover moisture.
- To maintain the taste and flavour, the settled organic Niger oil is hand filtered and poured into virgin glass bottles.