SOF Full Moon Cultured A2 milk organic desi ghee is handcrafted on the auspicious day of Pournami (full Moon) from Desi Kangeyam cow. According to Hindu mythology, this portion of the moon cycle is known as Shukla paksha or the white part of the moon, and it is considered auspicious.
It was common practise in ancient times to make Ghee on a full moon because the moon was thought to influence "Soma" - the source of nourishment, nectar, and bliss. Honouring the Moon in our lives and understanding the Moon's role in our lives assists us in developing the Soma within. Developing Soma is also a method of influencing our own brain chemistry and promoting the secretion of positive chemicals and hormones that keep our nervous system calm, content, and blissful.
Further, to increase the Ghee’s potency, the Mahamrtunjaya mantra also known as the “Great Death-Conquering” mantra is chanted 108 times to make ghee. According to ancient myth, the moon was once in trouble as she was cursed by King Daksha. A Rishi named Markandeya provided the secret mantra to help protect the moon. This mantra is said to bestow longevity and immortality for it provides physical and emotional wellbeing. Ancient Vedic culture instructs to chant his mantra 108 times, which is considered an auspicious and significant number.
Siva, Lord Lord Siva, often known as the God of Destruction, is the most powerful Hindu diety. Lord Shiva is regarded as the 'Tri-lochak,' or 'three-eyed strength,' for bestowing health and longevity onto human existence. While the Vedas enumerate various Shiva Pujas, or methods to worship Lord Shiva, singing the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is regarded to be one of the most potent ways to please the greatest divine force, the Shiva power.
The Mahamrtunjaya Mantra
Om Tra-yambakam Yajaamahe
Mrtyor-Mukssiiya Maa-[A]mrtaat ||
- Om, We Worship the Three-Eyed One (Lord Shiva),
- Who is Fragrant (Spiritual Essence) and Who Nourishes all beings.
- May He severe our Bondage of Samsara (Worldly Life), like a Cucumber (severed from the bondage of its Creeper),…
- … and thus Liberate us from the Fear of Death, by making us realize that we are never separated from our Immortal Nature.
SOF Full Moon Cultured A2 milk organic desi ghee is handcrafted on the auspicious day of Pournami (full Moon) from Desi Kangeyam cow.
Significance of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra
The Triyambaka Mantra is another name for the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra. Many people believe that reciting the mantra generates a series of vibrations that realign the physical body, ensuring the preservation and restoration of good health. Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is a Rig Veda phrase that is regarded as the most potent Shiva Mantra. It grants longevity, protects against disasters, and avoids premature death. It also dispels worries and promotes holistic healing. The Yajurveda has this immortal phrase.
Method of Chanting
108 Chants of the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra on a Rosary
The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra should be recited 108 times. Many individuals sing the mantra while holding a Rudraksha rosary, which has 108 beads that are used to tally the number of times this powerful mantra is spoken. The numbers ‘1', 'O', and '8' stand for 'oneness,' 'nothingness,' and 'everything,' respectively. They show the ultimate truth of the cosmos as one, empty, and endless all at the same time. The number 108 is linked with the distance between the Sun and the Earth, as well as the distance between the Earth and the Moon, which is 108 times the diameter of the Sun and the Moon, respectively.
How is Svastya Full Moon A2 milk organic desi ghee made?
- Kangeyam Cows are a desi breed of cow that can be found in and around the Kongu region of Tamil Nadu.
- These cows graze freely on our farms and are milked on the fullmoon day in the brahmamuhurta. This fresh whole milk does not go through pasteurisation, toning, or skimming.
- The udder milk is poured into large brass kadhais and slowly brought to a boil over firewood.
- The milk is then boiled in brass vessels with wood... To prevent spoilage, boiling on a slow, sustained, and low fire is required.
- It is inoculated with curds once the temperature rises. It is then allowed to ferment, and the entire batch of Curd produced is used to make Ghee.
- On the night of the full moon, these inoculated curds are churned using the traditional bilona method, 108 times chanting the Mahamrtunjaya mantra.
To separate the milk solids from the liquids, the curd is slowly churned in a traditional to-and-fro motion using wood churners.
The butter is then washed in fresh water to remove the buttermilk so that the smell does not return as it dries.
The butter is then placed on an iron kadhai, which is then burned in the woods to make the marvel.