Svastya Organic Farms organic wooden cold pressed coconut oil is made from high-quality, hand-picked organic dry coconuts(copra) gathered from native coconut trees aged 60-80 years by organic farmers using the wooden cold-pressed method at 8-12 rpm.
In general, cold-pressed oils have been shown to retain all the inherent characteristics of oil seeds while also maintaining their nutritional profile.
- We at Svastya Organic Farms believe that the soil is the foundation of organic food, thus we treat it to cakes (goat and cow dung and neem cake). Organic coconuts are harvested from our native variety coconut trees on our fields throughout the year and preserved in our sheds for months before drying.
- To ensure that it is fully dry, shake the entire coconut and listen for a sound of liquid movement if none is heard. The coconut husk and shell are then removed, and the coconuts are sliced into little pieces and dried before being kept.
- The first stage in the oil extraction process is to grade the coconut kernels. The top quality kernels are hand-selected from rotted, contaminated organic coconuts, along with stones, husks, and other dust particles, and graded using the traditional hand handpicked process.
- To eliminate all the moisture from the best quality organic coconuts and to efficiently generate oil, these seeds are naturally sun-dried for two days after being hand-picked.
- Handpicked organic coconuts are poured based on the capacity of the wooden cold pressed machine. Our machine can store up to 12 kg of organic coconut seeds. After the grinding process has begun, some coconut water is added to create the necessary friction. The wooden cold-pressed machine runs at 8-12 rpm and takes 50-60 minutes to complete one cycle of oil production using this method (Based on the dryness of the seeds).. We make 3.5-4 liters of organic coconut oil from 12 kg of organic coconuts.
- The extracted organic wooden cold pressed coconut oil is then stored in a metal barrel for 4 days to allow natural settling of the coconut paste obtained during the grinding process, followed by 2-3 days in the sunlight to remove any remaining moisture.
- The settled organic coconut oil is then manually filtered and poured into virgin glass bottles to preserve the taste and flavour.
Consciously handcrafted by Women farmer-using organic coconuts.
Single-filtered oils naturally experience fiber sedimentation. It is entirely natural and devoid of any additives, chemicals, or preservatives. It's raw and primitive.
SPECIFIC STORAGE INFO
Store in a cool, dry place.
Organic coconuts, Coconut water.
1. What is the shelf life?
It is best before 12 months from the date of packing.
2. Is it safe to use this oil for oil pulling?
Yes, you can use it for oil pulling, but we recommend using organic virgin coconut oil because it is less viscous.